Colored Diamond and Gemstone Engagement Ring Trends
Many couples especially if it is the second marriage are choosing to purchase an engagement ring that is different than the usual diamond. At a diamond buyers there are so many choices to choose from when selecting a diamond for your own. Some women like the usual diamond stone in the center but with gemstones on either side. This will accent the center stone in a pleasing way. Some jewelers sell diamonds and gemstones to be used separately as a solitaire. Some will accept cash for silver as a partial trade on your purchase. Some Gem stones used are:
* Jade – It comes in a variety of colors. Green is the most common. It does not show wear over the years.
* Spessartite Garnet – A bright orange color sometimes called the FANTA garnet.
* Tourmaline – A blue- green gemstone of unusual beauty. There have been some in a magenta color as well.
* Sapphire – Comes in the colors of White, Blue, Yellow, or Pink. The white resembles a true white diamond but at a much lesser cost.
* Chrysoberyl – Comes in lime-green, browns, and yellow. Resembles a Topaz at times or a periodot.
* Tsavorite Garnet – Looks like an emerald when the green color is deep.
* Color Saturation – The gem stone should sparkle and let light in. It should not be to dark.
* Clarity – A lighter clear stone is preferred to a darker one.
* Cut – Symmetrical with no cuts or scratches.
Diamond buyers range from huge distributors to smaller stores. They also get cash for silver on occasion. Allot of women started asking for colored diamond engagement rings in cuts of Marquise, Princess cut square, Heart shaped, or Round. Diamond buyers sell diamonds in all price ranges but find it very difficult to keep true colored diamonds in stock in a range of colors. They are hard to find and can be pricey. So they sell diamonds with gemstones instead. They look and wear just as well as true diamonds. If you wish to only get a diamond most jewelers will give you extra cash for silver. This can help on the purchase of your diamond.